Jean-Claude Crouzet’s favorite recipes
FILLET NAPOLEON WITH PROVOLONE. TAPENADE CREAM WITH TARRAGON. HERB POLENTA.
Ingredients (for four people)
720g Veal fillet
200g Polenta flour
100g Unpitted black olives
20 ml Virgin olive oil
1g Fresh thyme
1 Degermed clove of garlic
4 dl Poultry broth
200g Sliced provolone
2 tablespoons Fresh chopped herbs
1 Large tomato
100 ml Cooking cream
1g Fresh tarragon
100 ml Meat demi-glace
• Crush the ingredients for the tapenade together until it becomes a spread.
• Cook the polenta in 400 ml of boiling poultry broth, sprinkle the corn flour, add the salt and pepper. Lower temperature and let simmer while stirring constantly. Watch our for splatter. Cook for another 10 minutes.
• Add the fresh herbs and 100 g of chopped provolone. Set aside by spreading on a plaque.
• Fry the veal fillets in previously seasoned butter. Oven cook at 350° for 15 minutes until the meat is pink.
• Cut the veal into 2 centimetre-thick escalopes. Stack the pieces in the center of the plate by alternating the veal, the slices of provolone and the polenta.
• Decorate with the vegetables of your choice.
Preparing the sauce:
• In a small pot, put the cream, the demi glace and some freshly-ground pepper. Bring to a boil.
• Add the tapenade and the fresh tarragon. Infuse for a few minutes, then use to coat the meat.
• Decorate with some diced tomatoes.