Parc du Bois-de-Coulonge
Originally named Spencer Wood in the early part of the 19th century, the Parc du Bois-de-Coulonge has become a high-place of horticulture in North America thanks its owner, Henry Atkinson. The place of residence of governor generals in United Canada during some 20 years, the property was acquired by the Québec government in 1870 and served as the place of residence for lieutenant governors until 1966, when a fire devastated the main residence.
With its location overlooking the Saint Lawrence River, the beauty of its landscapes as well as its long and prestigious history make Bois-de-Coulonge one of the city's most remarkable parks.
Picture:© CCNQ, Jennifer Dion
Address and telephone1215, Grande-Allée Ouest
Telephone : 418 528-0773
Website : www.capitale.gouv.qc.ca